Who doesn’t love a sparkly and clean bathroom? We all do, but unfortunately, our bathroom hardly looks like that.
Cleaning a bathroom can be quite tiresome and stressful. It is quite common to see those dark spots and water stains even after a thorough cleaning.
Fortunately, I have a few cleaning hacks and tips that will make your life a lot easier. That means you will no longer need to face that funky smell or a mirror filled with a water stain.
Once you apply a few of these cleaning hacks, your bathroom will be cleaner and shinier than ever before. Bear with me, and let’s see what these few bathroom cleaning hacks are.
31 Bathroom Cleaning Hacks You Must Know
1. Use an extendable brush to clean your bathtub
I usually get really tired whenever I start cleaning my bathtub. The reason is, I always used those small scrub brushes. Use an extendable brush, which will make sure you don’t get tired easily.
2. Drop Alka-Seltzer tablets in the clogged drain of your bathroom
Take 2 Alka-Seltzer tablets and drop them in the clogged drain. Also, use one cup of warm vinegar and keep it like that. The process will be able to help you unclog your drain.
3. Dry the toilet brush after cleaning the toilet bowl
I will recommend you to let your toilet brush dry for a while. To do that, you can put it between the seat and the bowl. Make sure the brush doesn’t reach the bowl water.
4. Get rid of the dirt from the grouts with a toothbrush
Use an old toothbrush to scrub the dirt from the grouts. You can use hydrogen peroxide for an effective solution. Soak the toothbrush and scrub well.
5. Scrub your bathtub with grapefruit and salt
The acidic juice of grapefruit will help to get rid of any odor, and the salt will thoroughly clean your bathtub. Clean of the dirt by scrubbing with the grapefruit.
Finally, wash away with clean water.
6. Apply vinegar on the showerhead
Using 4 cups of vinegar should be enough to clean the showerhead. Place the vinegar in a plastic bag and wrap it on the showerhead. Leave it for a whole night, and you will see the magic in the morning.
7. Get rid of the odor by placing a cotton ball soaked in lemon essential oil
You can use any of the essential oils you want to. Soak a few cotton balls with the essential oil and place it in the bin of your bathroom.
8. Make your stainless steel sink shiny again with flour
After cleaning the sink, use some flour to scrub the sink. Flour does a great job in terms of cleaning a stainless steel sink.
9. Do not underestimate the power of cooking spray
Have you ever thought of using cooking spray to clean those dirty faucets? Spray a little amount of spray on the faucets, and it will become all shiny and new.
10. Get rid of the soap scum from your mirror with shaving foam
It is one of the easiest methods of cleaning a mirror. Apply a generous amount of shaving foam in the mirror. Then wipe the mirror with a microfiber cloth.
11. Do not worry about those stubborn stains in your toilet bowl anymore
Take 1 liter of vinegar and 2 cups of baking soda, pour these ingredients in the toilet bowl. Wait for a few minutes before scrubbing the toilet bowl. Flush, and you will see the magic.
12. The ultimate magical ingredient to get rid of water stains – VINEGAR
There is no need to think about complicated methods when it comes to cleaning. Using vinegar will remove all those water stains in your glass door and mirror, as simple as that.
13. Use the combination of salt and lemon to get rid of any hard stain
Whether it is the tiles or the sink or the faucet, using salt and lemon will make all those hard stains go away. Make sure you take a generous amount of salt.
14. Make those faucets shiny again with Vaseline
I was totally astounded when one of my friends suggested me to apply Vaseline in the bathroom faucets. Come on, and I often forget to use Vaseline to take care of my own skin. But trust me, it works.
15. Use vinegar as an alternative to air freshener
I personally don’t like using air fresheners. If you are like me, you can use a mixture of vinegar, water, and essential oil to make your own air freshener.
16. Increase the temperature of the water if you want a deep cleaning
For example, if you are going to clean and disinfect the floor of your bathroom, you should use hot or warm water. It will easily loosen the dirt and kill all the germ and bacteria.
17. Wash the towels at least once a month with hydrogen peroxide
I used to go all crazy because, for a long time, I couldn’t trace that damped smell coming from my bathroom. After washing my towels with hydrogen peroxide, I was finally able to get rid of the bad smell.
18. Regularly clean the mirror of your bathroom with hot water
If you don’t have enough time to use glass cleaner to clean your bathroom mirror, simply use hot water. Splash some hot water and wipe your mirror with a microfiber cloth.
19. Place a few teabags in the toilet bowl to get rid of the unwanted odor
You might not be able to get rid of that bad smell from the toilet bowl even after hard cleaning. That is when you will need a few teabags to place in the bowl. Let it sit for a few minutes, and you will be pleased.
20. Change the rugs regularly
I always use new rugs every week. I keep the old ones to clean. Changing them regularly will ensure that there is no bad smell in the bathroom.
21. Remove grime from your bathroom with bleach
Bleach can loosen all the tough residue from your bathroom. Whether it is your toilet bowl or your bathtub, bleach will help to remove all the dirt and grime from your bathroom.
22. Sprinkle a few drops of lemon essential oil in the corners every other day
If your bathroom smells bad for some reason, you can try using essential oil. Sprinkle a few drops every other day so that your bathroom doesn’t smell bad anymore.
23. Say goodbye to the dirty toilet bowl
The ultimate method of cleaning a dirty toilet bowl is to use hydrogen peroxide. It is a mild and effective chemical that will disinfect your toilet bowl as well as clean it.
24. Use magic erasers to clean your bathroom faster than ever
If you don’t have the time to use vinegar, hydrogen peroxide, etc. you can try using a magic eraser to clean your bathroom. It will clean your mirror, tub, glass door, everything.
25. What about the exhaust fan in your bathroom?
You can try using your vacuum cleaner to get rid of all the dust from the exhaust fan. Scrub with an old toothbrush, and your exhaust fan will be new like before.
26. Pour a generous amount of mouthwash in the toilet bowl for an effective cleaning
You can try doing it once or twice a month to keep your toilet bowl clean and fresh. It will help to get rid of the bad smell as well.
27. Make your bathroom faucets shiny and sparkly with baby oil
Use a cotton ball and infuse it in any baby oil you have. Rub the faucet well with the cotton ball. Make sure to go in a circular motion in the whole area.
28. Place a sponge soaked in fabric softener in the toilet tank
The fabric softener will make sure that there is no bad smell coming from the toilet bowl. The sponge will help to hold the fabric softener for many days.
29. Keep a few camphor balls in your bathroom
Camphor balls will help to keep those insects away from your bathroom and keep it clean and insect-free.
30. Sanitize the bathroom floor using steam mop at least twice a month
It is one of the easiest methods that I have been following for a while. Steam mops can be quite effective in cleaning floors made of tiles.
31. Spray a little amount of hydrogen peroxide in the shower curtains
Hydrogen peroxide will help to disinfect your shower curtains and remove all the soap scum and water stain. Adding a little amount will be good enough.
I have never been this happy with how my bathroom looks. I try to follow these cleaning hacks whenever I get enough time to clean. Let me know if these were helpful to you.