Baking soda has become more popular than before, especially when it comes to cleaning. This particular ingredient has this magical ability to clean almost any dirt.
Baking soda is so quite cheap and available almost everywhere. As a result, I will recommend you to purchase a box of soda if you don’t have much in your house.
However, I have been using baking soda for a while, but I was amazed to come to know a few of these new baking soda cleaning hacks. I am going to share a few of these secrets with you today.
These baking soda cleaning hacks will inspire you to clean your house as these hacks will save you a lot of time and energy. Without further ado, let’s discover what these baking soda cleaning hacks are.
29 Home Cleaning Hacks with Baking Soda
1. Say goodbye to those dirty hair brushes
Take one teaspoon of baking soda in a cup of warm water and add a few drops of shampoo. Soak your combs and brushes for 2 hours. After rinsing, all the dirt will be gone.
2. Clean and disinfect your toothbrushes
Take a teacup of warm water and add 1 tablespoon of baking soda. Soak your toothbrushes for 6 hours. They will become fresh and sanitized.
3. Use baking soda to unclog kitchen sink as an alternative to chemicals
After using a plunger, add 1 tablespoon of baking soda in the sink and wait for 5 minutes. Mix vinegar in boiling water and pour the mixture in the sink.
After 10 minutes, add some more hot water and, you will see that your sink has become unclogged.
4. Know the quickest way to clean your microwave oven
Add one cup of water and 2 tablespoons of baking soda in a bowl and run your microwave for 2 minutes. The steam will loosen up all the food particles, and the cleaning process will be easier afterward.
5. Disinfect and freshen your cleaning sponges
Well, cleaning products need cleaning as well. I use baking soda to freshen my sponges as well as to kill the germ. Also, I never use one sponge for a whole month.
6. Get rid of burnt food from the pans
Sprinkle a small amount of baking soda on the burnt parts of your pans. Scrub well with a sponge and see the magic.
7. Don’t let oil and grease come close in your kitchen
Take baking soda and sprinkle a small amount on the area with grease and oil. Apply a few drops of vinegar as well. After waiting for 15 minutes, use a sponge to get rid of the oil and grease for good.
8. The scuff marks will be easier to remove from now on
You can easily get rid of scuff marks by rubbing the area with baking soda. Rinse the area and see the magic.
9. Don’t keep your kid away from having fun
If your kid loves to draw with crayons on the wall, don’t stop them. You can easily remove crayon from walls using baking soda. Rub lightly, and you will see that the crayon mark is coming off easily.
10. Use baking soda as a booster while doing laundry
You can always use a little amount of baking soda while doing your laundry. It will work as a detergent booster and make your clothes cleaner than ever.
11. Clean your kitchen countertop once a week with baking soda
Baking soda works great when it comes to any kitchen product or appliances. Because baking soda helps to get rid of grease and oil quite easily.
That is why I use baking soda to clean my kitchen countertop every week.
12. Don’t purchase a carpet cleaner when you can make one yourself
Make a mixture of baking soda, vinegar, and water. Add the mixture in water to clean your carpet and see the magic yourself.
13. Bring back the life to your silver pieces of jewelry
Add 2 tablespoons of baking soda in 2 cups of boiling water. Dip your silver jewelry in water and then in the mixture. Wait for 30 seconds and clean thoroughly.
14. How about using baking soda for your Tupperware sets?
I often use 3-4 tablespoons of baking soda mixed in warm water to clean my Tupperware set. I soak them for around 1 hour. It easily removes all the dirt from the plastic containers.
15. Say goodbye to the grease by adding baking soda in the dishwasher
When you use a sprinkle of baking soda in your dishwasher, you will see that there is no more grease or oil stuck in your dishes. I often use baking soda to do my dishes.
16. Keep a small container of baking soda in your refrigerator all the time
It will help to keep your refrigerator fresh as well as remove any type of odor coming from foods and vegetables.
17. Remove coffee stains from your cloth with baking soda
I am a coffee lover, and I love this hack. Whenever I get a coffee stain in my cloth, I dampen my cloth and use baking soda and white vinegar to clean.
18. Sprinkle a small amount of baking soda every day in your garbage can
Trust me! Your garbage can will never provide that funky smell anymore. Even after washing for probably a hundred times, I used to get a bad smell coming from my garbage can.
After I started using baking soda, the smell is gone for good.
19. Remove sticky food residue from cooking pans
Pour one cup of vinegar and 1 tablespoon of baking soda in the pan. Wait for 10 minutes and then use a scrubber to remove sticky food. Baking soda will loosen the sticky food particles and clean thoroughly.
20. Clean your shower head by soaking it overnight with baking soda and vinegar
You will be surprised to see how these two cleaning ingredients complement each other. I use a plastic bag and fill it with vinegar and baking soda and attach it in my shower head.
Leaving it overnight helps me to clean the showerhead and make it look like new.
21. Make those windows go shiny again
You can easily make your windows go sparkly and shiny again by making a solution of one part of water and one part of vinegar and a pinch of baking soda.
22. Remove water stains from your favorite wooden furniture
Yes, wooden furniture is sensitive, and it is completely fine to use baking soda to clean them. Add a few drops of water in baking soda to make a paste.
Rub the paste in the stained area, and the water stains will be gone.
23. Clean your toilet bowl with baking soda and vinegar
Pour 3 tablespoons of baking soda in your toilet bowl. Add one cup of vinegar as well. Wait for 15 minutes and scrub thoroughly. See the magic yourself.
24. Keep a container of baking soda in your closet
You will often smell something weird coming out from your closet. There is no need to trace the smell when you can make it go away by keeping a container of baking soda in it.
25. Make that plastic smell go away from your water bottle
Fill your water bottle with water and add two tablespoons of baking soda in it. Wait for 6 hours and rinse the bottle well afterward.
26. If you love gardening, baking soda is a must for you
You will be able to save your plants from pests by using baking soda and hydrogen peroxide.
27. Get rid of that annoying sticker residue from the jars
Nothing makes me more frustrated whenever I see those annoying sticker residues in the glass jars. Rubbing the area with a paste of baking soda and water will help to remove the sticker easily.
28. Disinfect and freshen up your cutting boards
Cutting boards are prone to getting germs and dirt very easily. I clean my cutting board at least once a week with baking soda to make it clean and new.
29. Make your own recipe for cleaning your floors with baking soda
Take one part of vinegar and one part of baking soda. Add one tablespoon of warm water and use it as an alternative to other cleaning products while mopping your floor.
These are pretty much all the baking soda cleaning hacks I use at home. I will love to know more hacks if there are any.
Let me know after trying these hacks and share your ideas with me.